· Based in Broome, Western Australia with ongoing visits to remote communities across the Kimberley
· Full time position
· Manage and mentor staff and ensure the effective and compliant delivery of services in over 30 remote communities
Through the power of sports and recreation, Garnduwa Amboorny Wirnan Aboriginal Corporation (Garnduwa) empowers people by promoting our values of culture, community and leadership. We offer our employees challenging and meaningful work delivering quality sport and recreation programs to Aboriginal communities in the Kimberley.
We are of the Kimberley for the Kimberley. For organisations wanting to engage with communities through the means of sport and recreation, Garnduwa serves as a culturally safe conduit for this collaboration.
About the role
The Program Manager will be responsible for the day to day management and development of operational staff and programs across the organisation.
With 6 offices across northern WA, the Program Manager will manage and mentor staff and ensure the effective and compliant delivery of services in over 30 remote communities.
The ability to travel is a strong requirement of this role.
· Recruit, induct, manage and develop operational employees
· Coordinate whole of staff meetings and training sessions
· Manage staff levels, wages, hours, contractors in-line with organisational budget and contractual requirements
· Run a safe, injury/accident free workplace
Policies and Procedures
· Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; identify trends
· Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
Finance and Assets and Suppliers
· Forecast requirements; prepare and manage the annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyse variances; initiating corrective actions in consultation with the GM
· Maintenance of the Asset Register; inform strong policies of the receiving and management of all assets
· Manage relationships with key operations vendors/suppliers
· Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment
· Complete project acquittals in compliance with contract requirements
· Oversee the effective collection of project data
· Collate activity statistics and draft Performance Reports for key activities
· Review and improve data collection procedures and project performance
· Accomplish operations and organization mission
· Engage and maintain strong and effective operational partnerships (program, training and supplier etc.).
· Strong leadership, management and problem-solving skills
· Proven success in managing large projects in the NFP sector
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
· Experience and awareness of Indigenous cultures and the challenges faced by remote communities
· Excellent time management skills.
Benefits and perks
· The Kimberley region is an iconic destination, rich in an enduring cultural heritage.
· Garnduwa offers employees opportunities to develop their career path in a supportive and dynamic team environment.
SELECTION CRITERIA: Programs Manager
Please demonstrate how you meet these criteria in your application.
1. Demonstrated experience leading and managing remote employees of diverse cultural backgrounds within a structured performance management framework.
2. Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation, entitlements, employee relations and OH&S requirements.
3. Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability effectively problem solve, maintain productive working relationships and negotiate with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
4. Demonstrated experience in project management within the NFP sector and capability in the analysis and reporting of performance data.
5. Demonstrated effective organisational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines and manage competing priorities.
6. Current driver's licence.
1. Demonstrated understanding of Sports Administration and program delivery.
2. Experience working in remote/rural locations with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander personnel.
3. Senior First Aid Certificate.
Please answer the following questions:
· Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
· How many years of people management experience do you have?
· Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
· How many years experience do you have as a program manager?
· Do you have experience in a community outreach environment?
If you are interested in this role and want to find out more you are encouraged to contact Lisa Terry, Operations Manager on (08) 9195 5754.
· The successful candidate will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check;
· Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be submitted via Seek.com.au.